The Father's Heart Revealed By Kristi Highwalker
Blessings for the Hebrew Month of Shevat
Blessings for the Hebrew Month of Shevat
Shevat—The Eleventh Hebrew Month of 5781 January 14–February 12, 2021
A Time to Amplify Your Shout
One of the keys in this eleventh month is forcefully declaring—or shouting—that your promised blessing is on the way. This is actually multiplied when you consider that this whole decade is about declaring. Read Psalm 29, which describes the power of the Lord’s voice. His voice is actually a shout (see the NET version).
His voice accomplishes the following things:
A psalm of David.
29 Acknowledge the Lord, you heavenly beings,[b]
acknowledge the Lord’s majesty and power.[c]
2 Acknowledge the majesty of the Lord’s reputation.[d]
Worship the Lord in holy attire.[e]
3 The Lord’s shout is heard over the water;[f]
the majestic God thunders,[g]
the Lord appears over the surging water.[h]
4 The Lord’s shout is powerful,[i]
the Lord’s shout is majestic.[j]
5 The Lord’s shout breaks[k] the cedars,
the Lord shatters[l] the cedars of Lebanon.[m]
6 He makes them skip like a calf,
Lebanon and Sirion[n] like a young ox.[o]
7 The Lord’s shout strikes[p] with flaming fire.[q] ( Shannah word to use)
8 The Lord’s shout shakes[r] the wilderness,
the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.[s]
9 The Lord’s shout bends[t] the large trees[u]
and strips[v] the leaves from the forests.[w]
Everyone in his temple says, “Majestic!”[x]
10 The Lord sits enthroned over the engulfing waters,[y]
the Lord sits enthroned[z] as the eternal king.
11 The Lord gives[aa] his people strength;[ab]
the Lord grants his people security.
The passion Translation:
The Glory-God Thunders
29 King David’s poetic praise to God for the last days
The Feast of Tabernacles[a]
1 Proclaim his majesty, all you mighty champions,
you sons of Almighty God,
giving all the glory and strength back to him!
2 Be in awe before his majesty.
Be in awe before such power and might!
Come worship wonderful Yahweh, arrayed in all his splendor,
bowing in worship as he appears in the beauty of holiness.
Give him the honor due his name.
Worship him wearing the glory-garments
of your holy, priestly calling!
3–4 The voice of the Lord echoes through the skies and seas.
The Glory-God reigns as he thunders in the clouds.
So powerful is his voice, so brilliant and bright,
how majestic as he thunders over the great waters![b]
5 His tympanic thunder topples the strongest of trees.[c]
His symphonic sound splinters the mighty forests.
6 Now he moves Zion’s[d] mountains by the might of his voice,[e]
shaking the snowy peaks with his earsplitting sound!
7 The lightning-fire flashes, striking as he speaks.
8 God reveals himself when he makes the fault lines quake,
shaking deserts, speaking his voice.
9 God’s mighty voice makes the deer to give birth.[f]
His thunderbolt voice lays the forest bare.
In his temple all fall before him with each one shouting,
“Glory, glory, the God of glory!”[g]
10 Above the furious flood,[h] the Enthroned One reigns,
the King-God rules with eternity at his side.
11 This is the one who gives his strength and might to his people.
This is the Lord giving us his kiss of peace.[i]
1. Month of the tribe of Asher—In Genesis 49:20  when Jacob blessed his sons, he said Asher would have an abundance of food and delicacies fit for a king. This really is what God wants for us: an abundant, overflowing life filled with good things. Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life … more abundantly” (John 10:10)
2. However, beware of overindulgence of delicacies (Prov. 23:3 )—Read the book of Daniel. He turned down the king’s delicacies and tested out ten times better than his peers. Ask and expect the Lord to help you in the areas of your life in which you need more self-control or discipline.
3. A month to develop a plan to sustain the generations—The ones you mentor; how does your olive tree blossom? Remember that God’s desire is to use each one of us to raise up others so they too can flourish and hopefully surpass us.
4. Month of the Hebrew letter tsade [ץ]—Your righteousness becomes your foundation. It’s on this basis that we connect with the trees in our fields. What fields are there? Who is planted there? Are the trees ready to bear fruit?
5. Month of the constellation Aquarius, the water carrier—Your roots awaken to the water of life. The river of God touches our roots. We are like a tree planted by a river (Ps. 1:3 ). We should expect a great awakening in our lives with the Lord.
The Passion Translation
3 He will be standing firm like a flourishing tree
planted by God’s design,[a]
deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss,
bearing fruit in every season of his life.
He is never dry, never fainting,
ever blessed, ever prosperous.[b]
6. Look for those who are bringing pitchers of water to you—Decisions will be made so you can be watered in a new way. Trust the Lord to bring you people who will minister to you. Study the story of Rebecca in Genesis 24 (she brought water for Eliezer, which led to her marrying Isaac), and the Samaritan woman in John 4 (she came just for water, but received the water of life).
7. A month to shout, “My blessings are on the way.” There is a shout inside of you: “My thirst will be quenched” (see John 7:37–39 ). The Holy Spirit is always faithful in helping us to go deeper in the Lord.
The Passion Translation
Rivers of Living Water
37 Then on the most important day of the feast, the last day,[a] Jesus stood and shouted out to the crowds—“All you thirsty ones, come to me! Come to me and drink! 38 Believe in me so that rivers of living water will burst out from within you, flowing[b] from your innermost being, just like the Scripture says!”[c]
39 Jesus was prophesying about the Holy Spirit that believers were being prepared to receive.[d] But the Holy Spirit had not yet been poured out upon them, because Jesus had not yet been unveiled in his full splendor.[e]
8. Month of the new year of trees—Choose to eat of the tree of life (Gen. 3:22 ) and not rely on human effort and understanding. God has provision for us. Note the seventy palm trees at Elim (Exod. 15:27 ). Furthermore, we are like a green olive tree in the house of God (Ps. 52:8 ); we are also the “planting” of the Lord (Isa. 60:21 ; 61:3 ). This is more critical than ever. Relying fully on the Lord is the only way we can succeed.
9. A good month to partake of food—You will end your Daniel fast. Ask the Lord to help you in your eating habits with regard to how/what you eat.
10. Month of the stomach and esophagus—What you’re tasting produces the life or nourishment for your future. If you are in the word of God, then you can digest what God gives prophetically. Make sure to spend extra time reading God’s word this month.
11. Be sure to eat the word--“Taste and see that the Lord is good” (Ps. 34:8), then we will be able to digest new revelation that comes. Be sure to hold this truth firmly that the Lord is good. If we don’t know that He is good, we will miss revelation He wants to give us.
 “Bread from Asher shall be rich, and he shall yield royal dainties” (Gen. 49:20).
 “Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food” (Prov. 23:3).
 “He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper” (Ps. 1:3).
 “On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, ‘If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified” (John 7:37–39).
 “Then the Lord God said, ‘Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever’” (Gen. 3:22).
 “Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees; so they camped there by the waters” (Exod. 15:27).
 “But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever” (Ps. 52:8).
 “Also your people shall all be righteous; they shall inherit the land forever, the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified” (Isa. 60:21).
 “To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified” (Isa. 61:3).
About Kristi Highwalker